Programmer Analyst III
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employee(s) assigned to this job. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Design, develop, implement, and support warehouse management, transportation and distribution software systems
FUNDAMENTAL JOB TASKS:
- Work as part of a team to plan, design, develop, and support Company’s applications;
- Effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks at the same time.
- Accurately and effectively communicate project status.
- Write accurate and detailed user documentation for developed or implemented software application systems.
- Work with other internal departments to implement and support projects.
- Provide on-going application software system support for production applications. (Requires pager coverage and occasional after-hours support).
- Integrate applications and tools purchased from third parties;
- Analyze and recommend improvements to existing policies and procedures;
- Assist Junior and Intermediate Programmers in the development of technical skills and experience.
- Perform other job-related functions as assigned.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Information Systems or other Bachelors degree with equivalent combination of formal education and related experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years application software development or related experience
- Applicable Technical Skills
- IBM Mainframe (OS/390, MVS, COBOL, JCL, TSO, ISPF, CICS, VSAM), AIX (Unix Commands, Unix Scripts, Micro Focus COBOL), Oracle (SQL & PL/SQL), Windows, AS400, Crystal Reports, Microsoft (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, Viso, SharePoint), Toad. (Experience with Triceps warehousing system is a definite plus).
- Experience with Warehouse Management, Distribution and Retail Supply Chain;
- Experience with Retailix Applications a strong plus (Triceps, RDS, RTO, RYM, Triceps Analyzer);
- Applicable experience with Financial, Warehousing, Marketing, Purchasing, EDI, ETL, Retail and Web application systems.
- A solid understanding of the Warehouse management and distribution in a Retail environment preferred.
- Strong understanding of data, information management and end-user-reporting tools.
- Strong structured systems analysis and design experience.
- Outstanding problem solving skills.
- Strong organization skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks at the same time
- Ability to accurately gather user-requirements and draft project specifications that contain both functional and technical requirements;
- With minimal guidance and direction, design, program, test, and implement application software per system specifications and within project timelines.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with end-users, project team members and management.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Stater Bros. offers a competitive salary and benefits package and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send resume to JobInterest@staterbros.com
or by mail to: Stater Bros. Markets
301 S. Tippecanoe Avenue
San Bernardino, California 92408
Attn: Director of Human Resources