Technical Support Analyst II
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employee(s) assigned to this job. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Support Corporate technology hardware and software systems.
FUNDAMENTAL JOB TASKS:
- Perform installation of computer operating system software and hardware.
- Plan and apply appropriate software patches and upgrades.
- Document system operations and recovery procedures.
- Responds to, resolves and follows up on reported issues through the trouble ticketing system.
- Manage and apply necessary system security access.
- Analyze performance indicators to ensure that systems are operating efficiently.
- Make changes to system software and hardware so that performance meets company objectives.
- Work closely with MIS operations, and Applications in disaster recovery of all systems hardware and software.
- Support password maintenance, new user logon and setup, file access permissions, and data protection procedures.
- Fulfill administrative and technical reporting and documentation requirements.
- Track licensing and support agreements.
- Perform other duties as required.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- BS degree in Computer Science or combination of related technical training and applicable experience.
- 4+ years of experience designing, implementing and supporting Windows 2003/2008 environments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows and associated products.
- Extensive experience with Active Directory and Group Policy design.
- Extensive knowledge of VMware and ESX installation and support.
- Basic knowledge of LAN/WAN and SAN/NAS storage environments.
- Expertise in Windows Server 2003 and 2008.
- Extensive Experience with DNS, DHCP.
- Security principles and implementing security policies for AD and Exchange.
- Some Experience with SAN technologies, including SCSI, Fiber Channel, HBAs, storage zoning, volume management, replication, and storage consolidation experience with Microsoft applications.
- Exchange 2010 support and Outlook clients and mobile devices. Mail flow troubleshooting and archiving.
- Experience with VPN, Anti-Virus, and Disaster Recovery & Business Resumption programs.
REQUIRED LICENSES AND/OR CERTIFICATION:
- A+ and Microsoft certifications are helpful.
offers a competitive salary and benefits package and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send resume to JobInterest@staterbros.com
or by mail to: Stater Bros.
301 S. Tippecanoe Avenue
San Bernardino, California 92408
Attn: Director of Human Resources