The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employee(s) assigned to this job. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
The pharmacist performs professional duties and responsibilities associated with the processing of prescriptions according to legal and ethical guidelines to ensure the correct and safe dispensing of medical products in a retail environment. Also responsible for transferring prescriptions, handling incoming physician calls, logging data into the computer, maintaining controlled drug register and drug utilization review. May lead and direct the work of others. Comprehensive knowledge of the field’s concepts practices and procedures.
FUNDAMENTAL JOB TASKS:
- Maintain highest level of customer relations.
- Provide highest level of patient care in providing pharmaceutical dispensing and consulting services.
- Fill prescriptions and promote patient communication.
- Direct pharmacy assistant, technicians, clerks or interns if Pharmacy Manager is not present.
- Keep abreast of new items, changing laws, regulations and new pharmacy-related programs through participation in continuing education courses and reviewing pharmacy-related literature.
- Oversee inventory proceedings. Authorize either directly or through subordinates the purchase of drugs, supplies and equipment within budget guidelines and signing authorities established by Corporate management.
- Communicate with Pharmacy Manager on progress and policies of pharmacy department.
- Carry out daily housekeeping, cleanliness and sanitation program as established within company guidelines.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism, consistent with company standards, in dress, personal appearance and grooming.
- Consult regularly with the Pharmacy Manager for the purpose of maximizing sales and controlling expenses for the pharmacy department as well as to insure consistency of policy between all pharmacy personnel.
- Other duties as directed by the Pharmacy Manager.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Pharmacy or an advanced Pharmacy Degree required.
- Other educational/vocational requirements as determined by management.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Computer application experience required in software, Internet, Host management and decision support systems
REQUIRED LICENSES AND/OR CERTIFICATION:
- Current CA Board of Pharmacy license to practice pharmacy in good standing with no restrictions.
- Valid CA Driver’s License.
offers a competitive salary and benefits package and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send resume to:
San Bernardino, California 92408
or by Fax to (909) 733-4072