Return to Media List
Members of the media are welcome to review the following press releases and photos.
The news can be downloaded as a
Stater Bros. Announces Purchase of Hesperia Albertsons Location
Stater Bros. is also purchasing an Albertsons location in the City of Lake Elsinore
San Bernardino, California (Friday, March 18, 2011) -
Stater Bros. has entered into a purchase agreement with Albertsons for the purchase of the land, building and fixtures at their Hesperia Albertsons, located in the Midtown Square Shopping Center at 16904 Main Street in Hesperia.
The NEW “Blue Ribbon” Stater Bros. Hesperia Supermarket will be replacing a smaller Stater Bros. Supermarket located at 17255 Main Street in Hesperia. This newly acquired Stater Bros. Hesperia Supermarket will be more than double the size of the existing Stater Bros. Supermarket.
Stater Bros. has been serving the City of Hesperia for 34 years (since 1977) and currently operates three Stater Bros. Supermarkets in the City of Hesperia. In addition to the Stater Bros. Supermarket at 17255 Main Street, Stater Bros. also operates Supermarkets at 15757 Main Street and 14466 Main Street. Stater Bros. currently operates ten High Desert Supermarkets (one in Adelanto, two in Apple Valley, one in Barstow, three in Hesperia, one in Phelan, and two in Victorville), a total of 52 Supermarkets in San Bernardino County and is the #1 Supermarket Chain in San Bernardino County.
Stater Bros. expects to take possession of the location from Albertsons in mid-May. The Supermarket will subsequently undergo a complete remodel and reopen as a state-of-the-art “Blue Ribbon” Stater Bros. Supermarket. A Grand Opening Celebration for the new Stater Bros. Hesperia Supermarket is scheduled for early Spring 2012.
The NEW “Blue Ribbon” Stater Bros. Hesperia Supermarket will offer a greater variety of products, wider aisles,and enhanced customer services. Key enhancements include:
- EXPANDED Full Service Fresh Meat Department with famous Stater Bros. Butchers to serve you
- EXPANDED Full Service Delicatessen including fried chicken, hot specialty soups and a prepare-your-own salad bar
- EXPANDED Full Service FloralDepartment with floral experts to help with preparation and selection
- EXPANDED Garden Fresh Produce Department featuring more than 800 items with expanded organic selections
- NEW Full Service Seafood Department
- NEW Full Service Premium Sandwich Classics with fountain drinks, fresh Hometown Coffee and express checkout
- NEW Full Service Hot Bakery featuring freshly baked La Brea Artisan breads as well as specialty cakes and fine desserts
The NEW “Blue Ribbon” Stater Bros. Hesperia Supermarket will also include many environmentally friendly and energy efficient practices:
- Energy efficient refrigeration system that reduces carbon dioxide emissions (the equivalent of removing more than 250 automobiles off the road for one year)
- Energy efficient skylights to incorporate the use of natural day lighting and help the environment
- Recycling Center located inside for customers to recycle paper and plastic grocery bags
- Earth-conscious alternatives such as Large Grocery Bags made with 100% recycled paper and Reusable Bags available for purchase
Jack H. Brown, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Stater Bros., stated, “The Stater Bros. Supermarket Family is very proud to provide this greatly enhanced and larger Stater Bros. Supermarket to better serve our long-time and ‘valued’ Hesperia Customers."
Stater Bros. was founded in 1936 in Yucaipa, California, and has grown steadily through the years to become the largest privately owned Supermarket Chain in Southern California and the largest private employer in both San Bernardino County and Riverside County, with annual sales in 2010 of $3.6 billion. The Company currently operates 167 Supermarkets, and there are over 18,000 members of the Stater Bros. Supermarket Family. Throughout the year 2011, Stater Bros. will be celebrating 75 years of proudly serving Southern California Families.