Return to Media List
Thursday, February 16, 2012
Members of the media are welcome to review the following press releases and photos.
The news can be downloaded as a
Stater Bros. Announces Grand Opening for New Lake Elsinore “Blue Ribbon” Supermarket
New Supermarket replaces existing Supermarket on Mission Trail in Lake Elsinore
San Bernardino, California (Thursday, February 16, 2012) -
Stater Bros. is pleased to announce the opening of its newest and most modern Supermarket in Lake Elsinore, California on Wednesday, February 22, 2012. A Ribbon Cutting Ceremony will be held in the parking lot at 8:15 a.m., and the new Stater Bros. Lake Elsinore Supermarket will open for business at 9:00 a.m. After Wednesday, the new Supermarket will be open daily from 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Located at 32281 Mission Trail in the Lake Elsinore Town Center, the new Lake Elsinore Supermarket will replace a smaller Stater Bros. Supermarket located at 31952 Mission Trail, which will close on February 21st. This new Lake Elsinore Stater Bros. Supermarket demonstrates Stater Bros.’ commitment to the Lake Elsinore community it has served for over 35 years (since 1977).
In celebration of the Grand Opening, Stater Bros. Charities will be making donations to the Lake Elsinore Police Department for their Explorer’s Program, the Elsinore High School Band, who will also perform at the Ribbon Cutting Ceremony, and to the Lake Elsinore Library for their Children’s Program.
At 43,279 sq. ft., the new state-of-the-art and environmentally friendly Lake Elsinore Stater Bros. Supermarket is over 76% larger than the Supermarket it will be replacing, with wider aisles and nearly double the amount of convenient parking spaces.
Stater Bros. also operates two other Supermarkets in Lake Elsinore at 16750 Lakeshore Drive and at 29995 Canyon Hills Road.
The new Lake Elsinore Stater Bros. Supermarket will feature:
- Full Service Fresh Meat Department with famous Stater Bros.. Butchers to serve you
- Full Service Fresh Seafood Department with experts to help with selection plus capability to season and fry on the spot
- Full Service Delicatessen including fried chicken, tacos, a prepare-your-own salsa bar and seating area
- Full Service Premium Sandwiches with fountain drinks, fresh “Hometown Coffee” and express checkout
- Full Service Hot Bakery featuring freshly baked La Brea Artisan breads as well as specialty cakes and fine desserts
- Full Service Floral Department with floral experts to help with preparation and selection
- Garden Fresh Produce Department featuring more than 800 items with expanded organic selections
- Full Service U.S. Bank
The new Stater Bros. Lake Elsinore Supermarket will also include many environmentally friendly practices:
- Refrigerated display cases with LED lighting, ECM motors, and glass doors using 60% less energy
- New lighting system using dimming ballasts, energy efficient lamps, and occupancy sensors
- Upgraded refrigeration systems using non-ozone depleting refrigerants
- Energy Management System controlling refrigeration, HVAC, Demand Response, and lighting control
- Recycling Center located inside for customers to recycle paper and plastic grocery bags
- Earth-conscious alternatives such as Large Grocery Bags made with 100% recycled paper and Reusable Bags for purchase
Jack H. Brown, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Stater Bros., stated, “The Stater Bros. Supermarket Family is especially proud to build this new, modern and environmentally friendly Stater Bros. Supermarket to better serve our long-time and ‘valued’ Lake Elsinore Customers.”
Stater Bros. was founded in 1936 in Yucaipa, California, and is the largest privately owned Supermarket Chain in Southern California and the largest private employer in both Riverside County and San Bernardino County. The Company currently operates 167 Supermarkets, and there are over 18,000 members of the Stater Bros. Supermarket Family.
Stater Bros.... Proudly serving Southern California families for 76 years.