Return to Media List
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
STATER BROS. MARKETS ANNOUNCES GRAND OPENING
NEW “BLUE RIBBON” FULL SERVICE SUPERMARKET IN CARLSBAD, CALIFORNIA
San Bernardino, California (Wednesday, February 11, 2009) -
11th Stater Bros. Supermarket to serve San Diego County
Stater Bros. Markets is pleased to announce the opening of its newest and most modern Full-Service Supermarket in Carlsbad, California on Wednesday, February 18, 2009. A Ribbon Cutting Ceremony will be held in the parking lot at 8:15 a.m., and the new Stater Bros. Bressi Ranch Supermarket will open for business at 9:00 a.m. After Wednesday, the new Supermarket will be open Monday through Sunday from 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
The Company’s NEW Carlsbad Supermarket is located at 2687 Gateway Road in the Bressi Village Shopping Center. This is the first Stater Bros. Supermarket to serve the Community of Carlsbad. Stater Bros. currently operates 10 Supermarkets in San Diego County.
In celebration of the grand opening, Stater Bros. will make donations to the Carlsbad Police Department for their Explorer’s Program and to the Carlsbad High School Marching Lancers, who will also perform at the Ribbon Cutting Ceremony. In addition, Stater Bros. Charities, the newly established philanthropic arm of Stater Bros. Markets, will present a donation to the Carlsbad City Library for their Children’s Program.
The NEW 44,000 sq. ft. Full-Service Carlsbad Stater Bros. Supermarket will feature:
· Full-Service Meat Department with famous Stater Bros. Butchers behind the counter offering a selection of U.S.D.A. Select Meat, Harris Ranch Premium All-Natural U.S.D.A. Choice Black Angus Beef, and U.S.D.A. Prime Beef (upon request)
· Full-Service “Fresh” Seafood Department
· Full-Service Delicatessen offering a complete selection of fresh salads, premium deli meats, a wide variety of domestic and imported cheeses, and meals-to-go including Stater Bros. famous Golden Fried Chicken prepared in zero trans fat per serving oil. The new Delicatessen will also include a selection of hot specialty soups and a prepare-your-own salad bar. Premium Sandwich Classics, fountain drinks, fresh Hometown Coffee and express checkout are also available
· Full-Service Hot Bakery featuring freshly baked La Brea fine Artisan breads and rolls, elegant desserts, premium ice cream cakes, and custom-made decorated cakes for all occasions including picture cakes
· Full-Service Floral Department with floral experts to help with the preparation and selection of fresh-cut flowers, bouquets, arrangements, potted plants, and home décor items
· “Garden Fresh” Produce Department featuring more than 800 items with expanded Organic selections
· Full-Service Stater Bros. Super Rx PharmacySM professionally dispensing medication and advice
· Energy efficient refrigeration system that reduces carbon dioxide emissions (the equivalent of removing more than 250 automobiles off the road for one year)
· Energy efficient skylights to incorporate the use of natural day lighting and help the environment
· Plus, Stater Bros.’ “Famous Low Prices” … from your … “Low Price Leader” … for over 73 Golden Years
Jack H. Brown, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Stater Bros. Markets stated, "“The Stater Bros. ‘Family’ of Employees is especially proud to celebrate the grand opening of our first “Blue Ribbon” Stater Bros. Supermarket in the great Community of Carlsbad. We believe our new customers will appreciate our tradition of quality, value, service, and low prices.”
Stater Bros. was founded in 1936 in Yucaipa, California, and has grown steadily through the years to become the largest privately owned Supermarket Chain in Southern California with annual sales in 2008 of $3.74 billion. Last year, Stater Bros. contributed over $15 million in support of nonprofit organizations in the communities it serves, with an emphasis on worthy programs that benefit hunger relief, health and nutrition, and education. The Company will now operate 166 Supermarkets, and there are over 19,000 members of the Stater Bros. “Family” of Employees.
STATER BROS. MARKETS...SERVING SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA FAMILIES FOR OVER 73 YEARS
# # #