Stater Bros. Markets Coupon Policy
Updated September 20, 2017
Stater Bros. Markets gladly redeems valid coupons. The following policy guidelines apply to all forms of coupons:
- All coupons presented for redemption must be valid.
- To be valid, a coupon must contain a paragraph addressed to: grocer, dealer or retailer. The paragraph must state that the manufacturer will reimburse retailer (i.e., Stater Bros. Markets) the face value of the coupon, including any handling cost. The coupon must also contain a scan-able barcode. If the coupon does not have this paragraph or a scan-able barcode, it is not a valid coupon.
- The coupon must have a valid expiration date that has not expired at the time of redemption.
- The original coupon must be presented at the time of purchase. Photocopies will not be accepted.
- The purchase for which the coupon is presented for redemption must comply with the requirements listed on the coupon.
- The coupon must be presented to the cashier at the time of purchase, and cannot be applied to a previous purchase.
- Product must be purchased in sizes and/or quantities specified on the coupon.
- Coupons will be redeemed at the stated value, unless that value results in a final price less than zero for the item(s) purchased, in which case, the final price shall be zero.
- Coupons have no cash value.
- Coupons are subject to manufacturer terms and conditions.
- Coupon stacking policies for manufacturer coupons apply to paper, electronic and Digital Coupons loaded to Digital ID. Unless otherwise stated by the manufacturer, a customer may not redeem more than one manufacturer coupon per item. Unless otherwise stated, customers may not redeem two or more coupons against the same item in a single transaction. Stater Bros. Markets will allow only one Stater Bros. Markets’ Exclusive In-Ad Paperless coupon offer with one manufacturer coupon, unless otherwise prohibited. Coupons are subject to advertised offer limitations and all other limitations and restrictions on which the coupons are issued. Stater Bros. Markets has the right, in its discretion, to place limits on the number of coupons that may be redeemed per purchase or transaction.
- Customers must pay all deposits, fees and sales tax on the full value of the item(s), in accordance with the law regardless of any coupon or other discount that may apply.
- Stater Bros. Markets reserves the right to accept, decline or limit the use of any coupon at its discretion, including, without limitation, those that it believes to be photocopied, counterfeit, being presented in a fraudulent manner or invalid for any reason.
- Additional guidelines apply for the following types of coupons: Printed Internet Coupons or Digital Coupons loaded to a Digital ID.
Stater Bros. Employee Discounts:
- Stater Bros. Markets, periodically may offer employees the option to buy product using a “Family” Perk reward program at our stores.
- Stater Bros. “Family” Perks Rewards will vary based on current product promotions, vendor promotions and other factors. This “Family” Perk reward is subject to change, is not guaranteed, and could be cancelled at any time.
- All current Employees are eligible to participate in the program upon enrollment. To use the Family Perk Reward Program, you must sign up for an employee account Digital Deal account or contact your manager for alternate instructions.
- Employees may not buy products at a discount with the intention to resell.
- Returned merchandise purchased on this program will require a receipt and will be refunded at the purchase price.
- Employees are expected to use prudence and due diligence in the use of this program.
Internet Print at Home Coupons:
- The same manufacturer and store coupon rules outlined above apply to all Internet Print at Home Coupons.
- Stater Bros. Markets does not accept Internet Print at Home Coupons for items prohibited by law or free items. Coupons that have a purchase requirement to receive a free item are acceptable. Examples: Buy One Get One free, Buy Two Get One free.
- Internet Print at Home Coupons must have a serial number and follow an industry-standard format.
- Internet Print at Home Coupons must be scan-able at checkout.
- Internet Print at Home Coupons must be legitimate printable coupons obtained from a legitimate website. Legitimate printable coupons are sent directly to the printer after clicking on a link in your web browser or email, and never appear on the computer screen. A legitimate printable coupon is never sent as a graphic or PDF or sent in a Word document.
- Internet Coupons with a value over $5 will not be accepted.
Digital Coupons loaded to Digital ID:
- The same manufacturer and store coupon rules above apply to all Digital Coupons loaded to Digital ID.
- Customers are deemed to agree to the Stater Bros. Markets Coupon Policy upon registering for Digital ID or by accepting coupon offers.
- Digital Coupons electronically loaded to customer Digital ID are automatically redeemed at the time of purchase after the Digital ID has been entered.
- All other coupon policies apply to Digital Coupons loaded to Digital ID.
- Customers may not redeem two or more coupons against the same item in a single transaction. If two or more coupons for the same item are loaded to a Digital ID, the highest value coupon will be discounted from the order, subject to the terms of the offer.
- Digital Coupons loaded to Digital ID are deducted from the customer purchase prior to paper coupons and cannot be added back to the Digital ID or removed once the transaction has been completed.
- Generally, Digital Coupons loaded to Digital ID are available for use within 15 minutes.
- Digital Coupons are not valid for previous purchases.
Catalina Check Out Coupons:
- Only valid Catalina check out coupons that read “redeemable at Stater Bros. Markets” will be accepted.
- Digital Coupons: electronic coupons.
- Digital Coupons loaded to Digital ID: electronic coupons loaded to Digital ID.
- Paperless coupon: exclusive internal offer, not loaded to Digital ID.
- Manufacturer coupon: paper coupon with “to the retailer” statement. Can be Internet Print at Home Coupon, In-Ad or Free Standing Insert.
- Stater Bros. Markets In-Ad coupon: exclusive in-ad paper coupon sponsored by Stater Bros. Markets which can only be redeemed at Stater Bros. Markets. (There is no “to the retailer” statement.)