Stater Bros. Charities funds non-profit organizations that help improve and transform the communities Stater Bros. Markets is privileged to serve. Please review our grant guidelines before submitting an application.
We consider applications in the following areas of interest:
- Hunger Relief
- Children's Well-being
- Veterans Care
- Stater Bros. Charities supports non-profit organizations whose mission is aligned with our initiatives.
- Organizations with current tax-exempt status under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue code
- Non-profit organizations must be able to prove their nonprofit status. We research the organizations through GuideStar and by reviewing the organization's financial documents.
- All organizations funded by Stater Bros. Charities must support communities served by Stater Bros. Markets.
- Request will have a positive effect on the community and meets one of our initiatives.
- Grants are typically smaller than larger and usually range from $2,000 to $10,000.
- Typically, organizations cannot receive a grant more than once a year. All organizations will be requested to share a report on the funds used 6 months after receiving the grant.
- Organizations are eligible to apply once per 12-month period.
Stater Bros. Charities generally does not support:
- For-profit organizations
- Political organizations or activities
- Capital or building campaigns
- Activities that do not give back to the local communities served by Stater Bros. Markets
- Event Sponsorship
- Fundraising Events
- Sports, athletic events, or athletic programs
- Animal-related programs
- Meetings, Conferences & Workshops
- Travel Expenses, including student trips or tours
- In-Kind Donations
- Organizations that deny service to a potential client or beneficiary on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran, or disability status
- Organizations that do not have a current tax-exempt status under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue code
Applying for a Grant
To apply for a grant, download and submit your application. Along with your application, mail a copy of your most recent 990 Form and Tax Exempt Letter of Confirmation to the Stater Bros. Charities office. Allow 90 days for a response. Organizations applying for a hunger relief program must complete the Harvesting Hope application.
Frequently Asked Questions