Stater Bros. Markets to protect and preserve our environment
At Stater Bros. Markets, we believe in doing the right thing for the right reasons. By managing our waste stream and reducing energy consumption, we are committed to making the valued communities we serve a better place to live.
- Stater Bros. saves enough energy to power 4,200 California homes each year by participating in the State of California’s voluntary Demand Response Program and making minor reductions in lighting, air conditioning and other equipment at supermarket locations.
- Our Green Waste Composting Program removes nearly 40 million pounds of waste from landfills each year.
- We print our company's weekly ad on recycled paper.
- Stater Bros. donates over 3 million pounds of food to local food banks each year.
- We’ve replaced or retrofitted in-store refrigerated cases with new glass doors that reduce energy usage by 60%.
- Plastic bags, film and shrink wrap from our stores and distribution center are compressed into bales and recycled. 2,326,000 pounds of plastic was recycled in 2014.
- Stater Bros. Markets received the Best Emissions Rate Award from the US Environmental Protection Agency’s GreenChill Partnership. Stater Bros. is the only Southern California grocer to have eight stores certified at the Gold Level for lowest emissions rate.