As IT Business Relationship Manager (BRM) – Business Operations, you will be primarily responsible for building strategic relationships with key business leaders including executives. You will be focusing on developing in-depth understanding of Real Estate, Construction, Property Management, Store Maintenance, Public Relations and Charities business processes, in retail including its needs, objectives, and priorities, and identifying opportunities that add value to the organization. You will have the opportunity to partner with the business to build the business process and technology transformation/innovation roadmaps and instrumental in implementing business process best practices and solution selection. You will help develop business cases to allow firm leadership to prioritize initiatives and share knowledge and perspective with IT and Executives. Additionally, you will act as a liaison between the business and IT, in order to drive value realization while acting as an advocate for their assigned business area(s).
FUNDAMENTAL JOB TASKS:
- Initiate and develop relationships with business users in order to build rapport and credibility as well as develop a deep knowledge of assigned program area(s)
- Perform research and take advantage of learning and development opportunities to gain an understanding of business strategies, competitor capabilities, and industry and technology trends
- Identify opportunities and innovative ideas which have the potential to streamline/automate processes, reduce costs or staff effort, improve quality, solve real business problems, and/or grow the sales
- Facilitate and manage business requests, facilitate the creation of business cases and roadmaps, and set appropriate stakeholder and user expectations
- Ensure business value realization and optimization, from value plans through consultancy, business case development, financial awareness, managing expectations, and identifying opportunities to add value
- Ensures business benefits associated with IT projects are quantified and realized including determining metrics and data necessary to demonstrate cost/time savings and/or value added
- Manage the projects thru the life cycle
- Work with Business Analysts and others to gather, document, and prioritize business requirements, assess options, risks, and costs, assist in the identification, evaluation, and design of technical and non-technical solutions, and develop and execute test plans
- Serve as liaison between IT and business end users
- Advocate within IT, helping the delivery teams better understand business strategies and actions
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as superior listening, critical thinking, and probing skills – with subtlety, tact, and diplomacy
- Assist business stakeholders with communication, training, and change management
- Perform other job-related functions as assigned.
- A solid understanding of the Retail environment encompassing Business Operations, Marketing, Retail Operations, Distribution, Warehousing, Logistics, Accounting and Administration.
- At least 10 years of business relationship management, project management or similar job responsibilities
- Applicable Skills with any or all of the following:
- Implementing and supporting Infor EAM or similar applications
- Experience with ERP applications
- Real estate and construction technologies
- Capital planning and Lease management solutions
- Time and attendance system
- Application Development knowledge
- Web Application and User Interface design
- Support Tools – Microsoft Office, Project, Visio, SharePoint, Project management tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal, presentation, superior listening, critical thinking, probing, conflict resolution, and negotiation skills
- Ability to communicate technical or complex subject matter in business terms
- Ability to successfully interface with personnel at all levels within the firm including executive leadership and to work effectively in a culturally and educationally diverse environment
- Detail oriented, analytical and inquisitive
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both independently or collaboratively, producing all assigned work while adhering to deliverables and deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives or activities, and effectively make judgments in prioritizing and time allocation in a high-pressure environment
- Program/Portfolio Management, Business Analysis, and requirements definition experience required
- Strong structured systems analysis and design experience
- Strong understanding of data, information management and end-user-reporting tools
- Excellent research, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Strong organization skills.
EDUCATION AND/OR CERTIFICATION:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or other Bachelors degree with equivalent combination of formal education and related experience preferred
- Business Relationship Management Institute or Project Management Institute certification preferred.
To apply for this position please submit your application using our online job portal.