Application Support Engineer - Lead
Experienced candidate with demonstrated experience in leading teams supporting large application software systems. The candidate must possess excellent business analysis and project management skills, and the ability to handle day to day direction of multiple applications for various lines of business. Lead the team of Application Support Engineers who are supporting various lines of business
FUNDAMENTAL JOB TASKS:
- Establish and maintain proper support documentation and training.
- Engage multiple teams to help define, prioritize, and implement enhancements and improvements across a number of applications.
- Work with development teams to ensure client needs are accounted for in all new development initiatives.
- Consult business analyst and business relationship managers on client feedback and needs to guide planning upgrades and new features.
- Analyze and collaborate on organizational improvements to increase quality and efficiency.
- Develop outstanding relationships with clients and external partners.
- Manage, motivate and mentor the support team to grow their skills and careers.
- Coordinate as part of a team to design, program, test, and implement application software per system specifications and within project timelines and budget.
- Effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks at the same time.
- Write accurate and detailed user documentation for developed or implemented software application systems.
- Assist the team in development of functional skills, technical skills and experience.
- Perform other job-related functions as assigned.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Information Systems or other Bachelor’s degree with equivalent combination of formal education and related experience.
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in supporting and leading support teams(software applications)
- Applicable Skills with:
- A solid understanding of the Retail environment encompassing Retail Operations (POS), Distribution, Warehousing and Logistics.
- ERP, CRM, WMS, WFM, EAM or other enterprise application support experience.
- Web Application Experience (Development / Support)
- Application Development experience
- Support Tools – Crystal (Business Objects) Enterprise, Microsoft Office, Project, Visio, SharePoint, Visual Studio Team Suite, Adobe Creative Suite.
- Strong structured systems analysis and design experience.
- Outstanding problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with end-users, project team members and management.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain of a variety of internal business relationships; must be able to interface with colleagues up to senior-level executives
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects concurrently, take initiative and provide follow-through
- Excellent research, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Strong organization skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
REQUIRED LICENSES AND/OR CERTIFICATION:
- High School Diploma
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems or related field of study.
To apply for this position please submit your application using our online job portal.