Special Offers on Disneyland Tickets:
2020 Disneyland Tickets
Disneyland tickets make the best gifts for Christmas, Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, Birthdays, or for any occassion-- even just because!
Here are 10 Best Secret Disneyland Vacation Tips
Sponsored by Stater Bros. | Written by Jenny Favela
Buy Disneyland tickets in-store and get in the park faster!
- Buy tickets in advance. When you buy tickets in advance, you can go straight to the gate instead of waiting in line to purchase tickets.
- PRO TIP: Your local Stater Bros. Markets offer Disneyland tickets, so when you’re grocery shopping you can easily pick these up.
- Before going to Disneyland, make sure you check out the park and ride schedule to make sure construction or refurbishments won’t hinder the ride you’d like to go on.
- Download the Disneyland app to help with parade and entertainment schedules, character meet & greets, and even wait times. We’ve found having the app helped us with which ride to go on and which ride to pick up a fastpass.
- Pack lots of snacks. Stocking up on your favorite snack items, especially Disney themed snacks, helps save money while you’re in the park and can still add an extra touch of magic.
- Disneyland gets crowded, but the atmosphere is so magical that it’s worth visiting. If you’re interested, Disney offers MaxPass where you can digitally get a fastpass for a ride while you’re waiting in line for another ride, then when you go to the next ride during your scheduled time, you use your phone that has the MaxPass to scan in and hope on the ride.
- PRO TIP: You can digitally grab the fastpass for rides that are across the park and do so an hour before the end of fastpass scheduled time. Another great benefit is that you can go to any Disney photographer, take a photo, and with MaxPass you have unlimited downloads of all photos for free. Official Disney MaxPass details.
- Disneyland is a family fun park that even has a childcare center so you can care for your little one. There’s changing tables, little potties for potty training, and nursing areas available conveniently in one building. It is located before the Carnation Cafe and along the photo center on Main Street. This facility is complimentary to all guests, find out more about Disneyland's Baby Care Center here.
- Did we mention that having snacks is a must when you’re on your Disneyland trip? When you have an active toddler, snacks help with keeping the little one preoccupied while waiting in line.
- PRO TIP: Snacks are very useful when you’re watching the parade and need to stall because lunch is just around the corner.
- Use Rider Switch! Travelling with little ones that don’t meet the height requirement? Ask a Cast Member that you need a ride switch pass, make sure you have the entire party with you. The ride switch will be added digitally or you might be given a paper note with the ride switch info. Then one person can watch the little one while the rest of the party (maximum number of people may be given) can go on the ride, and then you can switch. The second party usually doesn’t have to wait in the long line like the first party, usually you’re able to go through the exit, but a Cast Member will direct you. Find out which locations offer the rider switch and learn more.
- A secret tip that we discovered is the free delivery of theme park merchandise to your room, if you’re staying at a Disney hotel, so you can continue to enjoy the park and not carry all that baggage. Let the retail clerk know you’d like this and arrangements can be made. Disneyland Resort Hotel Amenities and Benefits.
- We discovered that if there are two showings of the Disneyland fireworks, parades, or Fantasmic! It's better to watch the second one, it’s less crowded.
- PRO TIP: When you first come to Disneyland, and you know you can’t stay too late, grab a Fastpass for the show you’d like to see at night, for Disneyland it’s Fantasmic! You won’t be able to choose a specific viewing area, but the Fastpasses have pre-determined show time and viewing areas that you line up and enter into, otherwise, you’ll be watching behind a sea of people that have gotten these Fastpasses. Learn more about Fantasmic! And where to get same-day Fastpass to reserve preferred viewing areas.
Disclaimer: We hope these tips help you during your Disneyland trip, the views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the company. We aim to provide you with accurate information at the time of publishing, but some information will understandably be less accurate as time passes. Should you find any inaccurate information, please do not hesitate to contact us. Thank you so much!