Oversee and direct daily warehouse operations. Directs personnel and work assignments. Deal with outside carriers and union representatives. Maintains a perpetual record integrity in distribution to ensure inventory accuracy through the administration of the cycle count program and the thorough analysis and response to miscellaneous issues. Reports to upper management on operational needs of department, facility and/or personnel.
FUNDAMENTAL JOB TASKS:
- Oversee and direct overall operations of Dry and Refrigerated Distribution Centers.
- Analyze and publish monthly data reports indicating monthly and year-to-date totals of cycle count dollars variances;
- Analyze stock change in/outs transactions on material for validity to the product structure;
- Analyze daily cycle counts and reconciles any discrepancies between physical count and perpetual record;
- Analyze miscellaneous issues and take corrective action as appropriate;
- Prepare accurate shipments for the retail stores.
- Scheduling labor daily to meet operational needs and cost controls.
- Track and maintain adequate inventory levels of merchandise.
- Train, instruct, motivate, counsel and discipline new and existing personnel.
- Personally follow and enforce all Rules, Regulations, Policies, Procedures and all Labor Agreements.
- Support all safety programs and OSHA compliance to ensure a safe work environment.
- Problem solving and decision making occur on a regular basis.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all reports and Company information.
- Any other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Experience and knowledge in Warehouse Operations, Logistics, Labor Scheduling and Inventory Control.
- College Degree and / or Courses preferred.
- Experience with a personal computer (proficient use of Microsoft Office – Word and Excel / Spreadsheets).
- Knowledge of equipment operation and safety.
- Understanding inventory management systems preferred;
- Ability to understand and enforce all Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) including labor standards.
- Ability to direct/supervise all job assignments within the Dry and Refrigerated Distribution Centers.
- Ability to read, interpret, uphold and enforce all Company Rules, Regulations, Policies, Procedures, and Labor Agreements.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions, interpret documents, understand procedures, and write correspondence.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong leadership skills and abilities.
- Ability to deal effectively with Employees, Management, Union Representatives, Vendor Representatives and other individuals doing business with the Company.
- Must be available to work various shifts including, days, nights, graveyard, weekends and holidays.
REQUIRED LICENSES AND/OR CERTIFICATION:
- Valid California Driver License