A Senior Programmer/Analyst with demonstrated experience in planning, implementing, and supporting large application software systems. The Senior Programmer/Analyst must possess excellent business analysis and project management skills, and the ability to handle day to day management of multiple applications for various lines of business.
Fundamental Job Tasks:
- Work with the Human Resources and Accounting groups to accurately gather user-requirements and draft project specifications that contain both functional and technical specifications.
- Work as part of a team to design, program, test, and implement application software per system specifications and within project timelines and budget.
- Effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks at the same time.
- Accurately and effectively communicate project status.
- Provide on-going application software system support for production applications (occasional after-hours support).
- Write accurate and detailed user documentation for developed or implemented software application systems.
- Assist Junior and Intermediate Programmers in the development of technical skills and experience.
- Perform other job-related functions as assigned.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems or other bachelor’s degree with equivalent combination of formal education and related experience.
- Minimum of seven (7) years application software development or related experience
- Significant Experience with ERP applications such as SuccessFactors HCM, Dayforce, PeopleSoft HCM, PeopleSoft Financials, and PeopleSoft ELM
- 5 plus years of experience using Time & Attendance and/or Payroll and applications, such as Dayforce PeopleSoft Payroll, JDA Red Prairie, Kronos, SuccessFactors, Dayforce or similar application.
- Complete understanding of technical and functional aspects of payroll including configuration, scheduling, testing and support.
- Strong knowledge of federal and state regulations
- Applicable Technical Skills in:
- Program Development – SAP Integration Suite, Oracle (PL/SQL), SQL-Server (T-SQL),
- Support Tools – Crystal (Business Objects) Enterprise, Microsoft Office, Project, Visio, SharePoint, Visual Studio Team Suite, Adobe Creative Suite.
- A solid understanding of the payroll processes, payrules,
- Strong structured systems analysis and design experience.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Strong understanding of data, information management and end-user-reporting tools.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with end-users, project team members and management.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain of a variety of internal business relationships; must be able to interface with colleagues up to senior-level executives
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects concurrently, take initiative and provide follow-through
- Strong structured systems analysis and design experience
- Excellent research, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Strong organization skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.