Stater Bros. Charities funds nonprofit organizations that help improve and transform the communities Stater Bros. Markets is privileged to serve. Please review our grant guidelines before submitting an application.
We consider applications in the following areas of interest:
- Children's Well-being
- Hunger Relief
- Veterans/Active Service Members
- Stater Bros. Charities supports nonprofit organizations whose mission is aligned with our initiatives.
- Organizations with current tax-exempt status under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue code.
- Nonprofit organizations must be able to prove their nonprofit status. We research organizations through GuideStar and by reviewing financial documents.
- Nonprofit organizations must support communities served by Stater Bros. Markets which include San Bernardino, Riverside, Orange, Los Angeles, San Diego, Kern and Ventura Counties.
- Funding request will have a positive effect on the community and meets one of our initiatives.
- Grants are typically smaller than larger and usually range from $2,500 to $10,000.
- Typically, organizations cannot receive a grant more than once a year. All organizations will be requested to share a report on the funds within six months after receiving the grant.
- Organizations are eligible to apply once per 12-month period. Applicaitons are accepted throught the year.
Stater Bros. Charities generally does not support:
- For-profit organizations
- Political organizations or activities
- Capital or building campaigns
- Event sponsorship
- Fundraising events
- Sports or athletic events
- Meetings, conferences or workshops
- Travel expenses, student trips or tours
- In-kind donations (Food, Gift Cards, Etc.)
- Activities that do not give back to the local communities served by Stater Bros. Markets
- Organizations that deny service to a potential client or beneficiary on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran, or disability status
- Organizations that do not have a current tax-exempt status under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue code
Applying for a Grant
- Download and complete the application below. Mail to Stater Bros. Charities, P.O. Box 150, San Bernardino, CA 92402.
- Include a copy of your organization's W-9, Tax Exempt Letter and most recent 990 Form (if applicable).
- New applicants: if required documents are not included, it will result in an automatic denial.
- Please allow for a 90 day response time. A notification letter will be sent upon conclusion of review.
Frequently Asked Questions