Stater Bros. Markets is seeking an innovative, team focused, and results-driven manager who can create solutions for training and employee development through e-learning, digital, and multi-media platforms. The manager must possess the ability to design courses through learning objectives, based on company policies, processes, and procedures to engage our employees to maximize the performance of our employees, while minimizing the time spent away from our stores.
The manager must be able to create applicable, engaging, learning experiences for our employees, which will include e-learning techniques, instructional design methodologies, videos, webinars, simulations, website postings and interactive tutorials. Graphics design background is a plus (ex. Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, animation and/or simulations clips).
In addition, the manager will also be accountable for the development of corporate learning, which will include being the learning and development partner for our corporate functions. (e.g., I.T., Marketing, Finance, etc.).
The manager will report directly into the Director, Training & Development.
- Create learning modules for in-classroom or e-learning/digital platforms
- Partner with business leaders (subject matter experts) to create and update new training programs
- Partner with H.R. Teammates to develop an engaging on-boarding process that will include both in-person and distance learning components
- Explore and then implement cutting-edge learning approaches to support our fast-paced working environment
- Create training that is highly engaging and effective at empowering learner to immediately execute apply knowledge
- Develop methods to evaluate learning, retention, and performance based on the executed training programs
- Create graphics and/or animations for eLearning modules, and occasional poster display, infographics, and/or newsletters for employee consumption
- Collaborate with management and other stakeholders to ensure timely and accurate deliverables.
- 10+ years’ experience designing and creating learning content
- Proven ability to produce content and deliver on complex project plans
- Expert level skills in modern eLearning tools
- Extensive knowledge of instructional design theory and adult learning principles.
- Superior design, written communication, production, and teamwork skills
- Experience in a retail environment is required
- Experience working in food industry a plus
- Prior experience delivering training programs for a company that had employees working in remote locations required
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university required
- Any training and/or HR certifications is a plus