To correctly select stock orders for delivery to stores.
These positions have no guarantee of hours, shifts, or becoming a regular employee. Work is done under a work standard incentive program. You will be given a 90 day probationary period in which your production performance and attendance will be monitored. After your probationary period you will be required to maintain the minimum production requirement.
You must work a minimum number of hours per month to qualify for Health and Welfare Benefits and the hours are not guaranteed.
Company Policy does not permit close relatives to work together in the Distribution/Transportation Departments
FUNDAMENTAL JOB TASKS:
- Equipment checks at the beginning of each shift;
- Select store orders without mistakes for delivery to stores;
- Maintain proper housekeeping skills;
- Repetitive lifting of products up to 75 lbs. onto order pallets;
- Prepare order stacks that are suitable for travel in trailers
- Load finished order of pallets onto trailers;
- Loading and unloading of delivery trucks;
- Communication with foreman, supervisors, loaders, and others as required;
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma preferred but not required;
- Must have basic math and reading skills;
- Experience with loading and unloading delivery trucks and stocking would be helpful.
- Physical ability to do moderate to heavy lifting, reaching, twisting, stooping, bending and other movements on a repetitive basis.
- Must be able to work in a distribution environment where temperatures may range from zero to over 80 degrees.
- Must be available to work a flexible work schedule, including days, evenings, weekends, holidays and on-call basis;
- Must possess the ability to complete given assignments within allotted time periods in a safe and diligent manner (work standards);
- Must maintain a sense of integrity and ability to work well with others;
- Must pass a physical and drug test.
REQUIRED LICENSES AND/OR CERTIFICATION:
- Must be 18 years of age;
- High School Diploma preferred but not required.