To operate a company vehicle, transporting products, goods, or materials between company facilities (retail stores) or outside suppliers.
FUNDAMENTAL JOB TASKS:
- Properly operate an 18 wheel truck/tractor with up to 13 gears using foot and hand controls including proper pre-trip inspection and observance of all traffic laws.
- Deliver goods/products to designated locations using maps or routing sheets.
- Unload product at destination including the manipulation of dock plates and the physical unloading of product
- Operate powered/un-powered industrial equipment
- Reload trailer with return items (cardboard, and other miscellaneous items)
- Respond to emergency situations
- Hook-up and un-hook trailers to the truck/tractor
- Deliver and pick up store mail
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma preferred but not required
- Must be 18 years of age
- Minimum of five (5) years experience. Grocery Industry preferred.
- Ability to read bills and invoices for destination, quantities and product identification.
- Must pass a physical, pre-employment drug test and background check.
- Demonstrable record of driving ability (current DMV read-out) and ability to pass company vehicle operations test.
- Ability to do moderate to heavy lifting, twisting, stooping and bending on a repetitive basis.
- Ability to work well with others.
REQUIRED LICENSES AND/OR CERTIFICATION:
- Valid California Class A (Class 1) Driver License
- Current DOT Medical Card
- Current DMV Read-Out
Stater Bros. offers a competitive salary and benefits package and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This position is covered under the Teamsters Union Agreement.
This position has no guarantee of hours, shifts or becoming full-time – must be able to work any shifts or hours.