Harvesting Hope in Our Community
Stater Bros. Fights Hunger
Food Bank Backpack programs ensure children who rely on school meals don’t go hungry over the weekend. Stater Bros. Charities partners with our local food banks by donating fresh and healthy food and funding to ensure children get the nutritious meals they need.
This past summer Stater Bros. Charities donated over $100,000 and 100,000 lbs of fresh and healthy food to our local food banks to help bolster food reserves and alleviate child hunger in the communities we are privileged to serve.
Harvesting Hope In-Store Campaign
During November and December, all Stater Bros. Markets collect funds to help those who are facing hunger in the communities we serve. Stater Bros. Harvesting Hope in Our Community Campaign makes it easy for customers to participate and assist our neighbors in need.
Help FIGHT hunger in our communities:
- $5 Bag of Hope donation cards are available to purchase at each check stand. These funds will provide fresh and healthy food and funding to local food banks during the summertime when food reserves are traditionally low. A $5 donation will provide one “Bag of Hope” (a $12 retail value).
- Coin Canisters are available at each check stand to collect donations. These funds will provide over $500,000 to qualified food banks and feeding programs in the seven Southern California counties served by Stater Bros. Markets.
- The Salvation Army Red Kettles will be in front of select Stater Bros. Markets throughout November and December collecting donations to help those who are most vulnerable during the holiday season.
American Heart Association & American Stroke Association
Heart disease is the #1 killer in the world. Stroke ranks second globally and is a leading cause of severe disability. Too many families are losing loved ones of all ages. That's why Stater Bros. Charities has partnered with the American Heart Association & American Stroke Association to support local programs and services.
Local programs & services offered include:
- Training for So. Cal. residents in American Heart Association CPR
- Hospitals implementing Get With the Guidelines®
- Children participating in Jump Rope For Heart & Hoops For Heart
- National Wear Red Day
- Fit-friendly Worksites
- Congenital Heart Disease Testing
- Multicultural Programs
Throughout the year all Stater Bros. Markets collect funds through $5 donation cards and coin canisters at each check stand. Funds raised during the in-store campaign benefit local nonprofit organizations and causes that benefit hunger relief, children’s well-being, education, health, help for our nation’s veterans and active service members.
Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
The mission of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is to cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Stater Bros. Charities partnered with LLS to support access to treatments for Southern California blood cancer patients. Funds raised through the in-store campaign benefit the Patient Travel Assistance Program in Southern California, which helps blood cancer patients who have significant financial need and cannot afford travel expenses to doctor appointments and treatment centers. Our valued customers and employees have raised more than $4 million to date.
K-Froggers for Kids Radiothon
Stater Bros. Charities K-Froggers for Kids Radiothon benefits children battling cancer at Loma Linda University Children’s Hospital Unit 4800, a unit dedicated to providing the highest level of care for children suffering from leukemia, brain tumors, and blood related diseases. Funds support programs that address the critical needs of these children and their families. The Stater Bros. Charities K-Froggers for Kids Radiothon has raised more than $6 million to date.