Supervise daily Transportation Department functions including supervising drivers, routing deliveries and pickups and utilizing all department equipment and resources
Fundamental Job Tasks
- Scheduling drivers to meet operational needs and cost controls.
- Oversee daily transportation delivery service to all Stater Bros. Retail stores in Southern California. Roughly 20% of returning trucks backhaul Vendor product for our Distribution Center.
- Interface with Federal, State and Local Safety and Environmental Departments/Agencies with respect to ensuring Stater Bros. is in compliance with all related rules, regulations and procedures.
- Interface with Teamsters Union regarding progressive discipline and grievances associated with Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) and Company Policy & Procedures to include participating in the CBA negotiations.
- Work with Distribution Centers and Retail Management to provide best on-time delivery service possible.
- Communicating with stores on a daily basis.
- Maintaining a list of available equipment.
- Reviewing driver files.
- Working with XATA onboard tracking, UPS (Roadnet) Routing/ Scheduling.
- Train, instruct, motivate, counsel and discipline new and existing personnel.
- Personally follow and enforce all Rules, Regulations, Policies, Procedures and all Labor Agreements.
- Support all safety programs and OSHA compliance to ensure a safe work environment.
- Problem solving and decision making occur on a regular basis.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all reports and Company information.
- Perform any other duties and assignments as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- College Degree with emphasis in Supply Chain Management preferred
- Minimum of 3 years’ Industry experience in Supply Chain Management with emphasis on Transportation.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Transportation cost and performance computer software (XATA onboard tracking, UPS (Roadnet) Routing/ Scheduling.
- Understand Company Policy/Procedure, Teamsters Collective Bargaining Agreement, Federal, State and Local rules and regulations pertaining to Highway Safety and Environmental Protection measures.
- Familiar with Southern California Freeway System and City Locations.
- Knowledge of area of operation and location of stores;
- Knowledge of equipment operation and safety.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with Employees, Management, Union Representatives, Vendor Representatives and other individuals doing business with the Company.
- Must be available to work various shifts including, days, nights, graveyard, weekends and holidays.
- Confidentiality, integrity, accuracy and problem solving required.
Required Licenses and/or Certification
- Valid California Driver License (Class A preferred)
Stater Bros.offers a competitive salary and benefits package and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.