Updated October 31, 2018
- Digital Deals: electronic coupons that require a Digital ID for redemption.
- Paperless coupon: exclusive internal offer, not loaded to Digital ID. (For example: Instant Savings)
- Manufacturer coupon: paper coupon with “to the retailer” statement. Can be Internet Print at Home Coupon, In-Ad or Free Standing Insert.
- Stater Bros. Markets In-Ad coupon: exclusive in-ad paper coupon sponsored by Stater Bros. Markets which can only be redeemed at Stater Bros. Markets. (There is no “to the retailer” statement.)
Stater Bros. Markets gladly redeems valid coupons. The following policy guidelines apply to all forms of coupons:
- All coupons presented for redemption must be valid.
- To be valid, a coupon must contain a paragraph addressed to: grocer, dealer or retailer. The paragraph must state that the manufacturer will reimburse retailer (i.e., Stater Bros. Markets) the face value of the coupon, including any handling cost. The coupon must also contain a barcode that scans. If the coupon does not have this paragraph or a barcode that scans, it is not a valid coupon.
- The coupon must have a valid expiration date that has not expired at the time of redemption.
- The original coupon must be presented at the time of purchase. Photocopies will not be accepted.
- The purchase for which the coupon is presented for redemption must comply with the requirements listed on the coupon.
- The coupon must be presented to the cashier at the time of purchase, and cannot be applied to a previous purchase.
- Product must be purchased in sizes and/or quantities specified on the coupon.
- Coupons will be redeemed at the stated value, unless that value results in a final price less than zero for the item(s) purchased, in which case, the final price shall be zero.
- Coupons have no cash value.
- Coupons are subject to manufacturer terms and conditions.
- Coupon stacking policies for manufacturer coupons apply to paper, electronic and Digital Deals. Unless otherwise stated by the manufacturer, a customer may not redeem more than one manufacturer coupon per item. Unless otherwise stated, customers may not redeem two or more coupons against the same item in a single transaction. Stater Bros. Markets will allow only one Stater Bros. Markets’ Paperless coupon offer with one manufacturer coupon, unless otherwise prohibited. Coupons are subject to advertised offer limitations and all other limitations and restrictions on which the coupons are issued. Stater Bros. Markets has the right, in its discretion, to place limits on the number of coupons that may be redeemed per purchase or transaction.
- Customers must pay all deposits, fees and sales tax on the full value of the item(s), in accordance with the law regardless of any coupon or other discount that may apply.
- Stater Bros. Markets reserves the right to accept, decline or limit the use of any coupon at its discretion, including, without limitation, those that it believes to be photocopied, counterfeit, being presented in a fraudulent manner or invalid for any reason.
- Additional guidelines apply for the following types of coupons: Printed Internet Coupons or Digital Deals.
Internet Print at Home Coupons:
- The same manufacturer and store coupon rules outlined above apply to all Internet Print at Home Coupons (Such as coupons from Coupons.com, cellfire, etc.).
- Stater Bros. Markets does not accept Internet Print at Home Coupons for items prohibited by law or free items. Coupons that have a purchase requirement to receive a free item are acceptable. Examples: Buy One Get One free, Buy Two Get One free.
- Internet Print at Home Coupons must have a serial number and follow an industry-standard format.
- Internet Print at Home Coupons must contain a barcode that scans at checkout.
- Internet Print at Home Coupons must be legitimate printable coupons obtained from a legitimate website. Legitimate printable coupons are sent directly to the printer after clicking on a link in your web browser or email, and never appear on the computer screen. A legitimate printable coupon is never sent as a graphic or PDF or sent in a Word document.
- Internet Coupons with a value over $5 will not be accepted.
- The same manufacturer and store coupon rules above apply to all Digital Deals.
- Customers agree to the Stater Bros. Markets Coupon Policy upon registering for Digital ID.
- Digital Deals are automatically redeemed at the time of purchase after the Digital ID has been entered.
- Digital Deals are deducted from a customer’s purchase prior to paper coupons or any other discounts. Digital Deals cannot be added back to the Digital ID or removed from the transaction once the Digital ID has been entered.
- Customers may not redeem two or more coupons against the same item in a single transaction. If two or more coupons for the same item are loaded to a Digital ID, the highest value coupon will be discounted from the order, subject to the terms of the offer.
- Generally, Clip to Save Digital Deals are available for use within 15 minutes of being loaded to a Digital ID.
- Digital Deals are not valid for previous purchases.