A good glass of wine goes with any occasion! Whether you’re planning a picnic, a fancy dinner, or you’re looking to explore the world of wine you’ve come to the right place. Let’s walk down our wine aisle to show you 5 wonderful wines you can only find at Stater Bros. Markets!
Prime Cut 55 Cabernet Sauvignon
Prime Cut 55’s Cabernet Sauvignon is a bold Californian red wine that demands attention. This wine is a perfect complement to your dinner if you’re cooking beef, pork, or lamb. Bring this wine to dinner and it’s sure to be a crowd-pleaser!
- Flavors of plum, blackberry, sour cherry, vanilla, and oak.
- Dry, which means this wine is less sweet.
- Bold, which means the richness of the wine’s flavors are very present.
- Slightly acidic, which means this wine has subtle acidity present.
- Slightly tannic, which means this wine has a bit of puckering effect.
Vina Aroya Pinot Noir
Vina Aroya’s Pinot Noir is an excellent Californian red wine grown and bottled in Santa Barbara County. This wine will pleasantly pair with poultry, beef, and hard cheeses. If you’re cooking up some French fare, this wine is the one to pick!
- Earthy, red fruits, and oak flavors.
- Dry, which means it is less sweet.
- Medium-light, which means the wine’s flavors are not too rich.
- Slightly acidic, which means there is a bite.
- Very smooth, which means it is light on the palete.
Prime Cut 55 Merlot
Prime Cut 55’s Merlot is a spicy and full bodied Californian red wine. Pair this delicious wine with beef, lamb, veal and strong cheeses like gouda or gorgonzola. If you like wine that’s jammy and full of fruit flavors pick this one!
- Flavors of black cherry, plum, oak, and spice.
- Semi-dry, which means it has a slighty sweet finish.
- Semi-bold, which means the wine’s flavors are present throughout.
- Soft, which means this wine does not have an acidic flavor.
- Smooth, which means this wine is very easy to drink.
Vina Aroya Chardonnay
Vina Aroya’s Chardonnay is a bright Californian white wine grown and bottled in Santa Barbara county. Serve this wine with pork, salmon, vegetables, and poultry. Add this wine to your weekend lunch plans and you’ve got a perfect day!
- Citrus, apple, oak and tropical flavors.
- Semi dry, which means it has a subtly sweet finish.
- Bold, which means the wine’s flavors are very present throughout.
- Balanced, which means it is in between acidic and soft.
Insomnia Pinot Grigio
Insomnia’s Pinot Grigio is a fruity and flavorful Californian white wine! Serve this wine with pork, spicy foods, mushrooms, and cured meat (like the one in the photo)! Take this wine along to your picnic underneath the California sun and welcome in summer!
- Flavors of pear, melon, citrus, and oak.
- Semi-dry, which means it has a subtly sweet finish.
- Balanced, which means the flavors are present but not too overpowering.
- Semi-soft, which means the wine has a slight acidic flavor.
We hope you enjoyed this trip down the wine aisle! If you pick up any of the wines mentioned above we’d love to see what you’ve paired them with. Tag us on Instagram @staterbros or Facebook @staterbrosmarkets to share.
Looking for meal recipes to go with your wine? Visit our recipe page for inspiration!