In honor of March being Frozen Food month, we’ve created a quick and easy recipe with frozen items. This recipe is sure to be an instant hit in your household!
Sometimes, there is nothing better than a big bowl of warm, homemade soup. And that’s why we’ve gone for a gluten-free, dairy-free, and easy Instant Pot Split Pea Soup for this recipe. And the best part? This Split Pea Soup recipe is easy to make and comes together in less than an hour!
Did you know that Split Pea Soup is one of the few soups that’s actually good for you! With no heavy cream, butter or excessive sodium, this recipe offers a healthy dinner for busy weeknights. And with a refreshing foundation of nutritious vegetables, this is a meal that adults and kids are sure to love! Plus, thanks to the Instant Pot and frozen ingredients, you’re able to spend less time prepping, cooking, and cleaning.
All you need to do is visit your local Stater Bros. Markets to pick up a few ingredients. Then, simply add the ingredients to the Instant Pot and let it do the work for you. Serve your Split Pea Soup with delicious garlic dinner rolls for the perfect dipping vessel. It really doesn’t get any better than this!
Instant Pot Split Pea Soup
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 bag of Stater Bros Frozen Diced Onions
- 3 bags of Stater Bros Frozen Peas & Carrots
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 3 cups of water
- 2 tablespoons thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Cooked ham for garnish
- 1 box of Stater Bros Garlic Dinner Rolls, cooked per package instructions
- Set your Instant Pot to the “Sauté” setting, then add the olive oil, onions, carrots, peas, and celery
- Sauté for 5 minutes, occasionally stirring to avoid burning
- Next, season with salt and pepper
- Then, add the minced garlic and cook for another 5 minutes, until the vegetables have softened
- Turn your Instant Pot to the “Stew” setting, and add the veggie broth, water, thyme, and paprika
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and turn until it locks
- Cook for thirty minutes, then turn to release the steam
- Once all of the steam is out, remove the lid and stir the soup
- Pour the soup into a blender to combine the ingredients, then pour into the serving bowls
- Garnish with slices of ham and serve warm with dinner rolls!