Direct from Thailand, these young coconuts are filled with coconut water and delicate tender coconut meat.
Fun Facts about Thai coconuts:
- More Vitamin C than orange juice!
- Coconut meat is used in confections and desserts.
- The coconut palm (Cocos nucifera) can grow up to 98 ft tall.
How to make homemade coconut milk from scratch:
Yield: approx. 2 cups
2 cups of shredded coconut
1 Young Coconut, flesh cut into pieces
2-3 cups of water
1. Place coconut and water in a blender. Blend on high for approximately 2-3 minutes, making sure mixture is well blended.
2. Using cheesecloth and a chinois, strain mixture. Ensure all pieces of coconut are separated from liquid.
3. Wring out the coconut puree to get all the liquid out and then store in an airtight container.
4. Can adjust sweetness using sugar or honey to desired taste.
Interested in a popular dish using coconut?
Try this beautiful and tasty Thai Coconut Curry Soup.