Valentine’s Day is about celebrating love, and what better way to do that than by crafting delightful creations with your little ones? From heart-shaped creations to delicious goodies, here are eight easy and fun crafts that will fill your home with love this Valentine’s Day.
For a heartwarming Valentine’s Day breakfast, surprise your special someone with fluffy Banana Oat Chocolate Chip Pancakes shaped into adorable hearts. Consider adding a playful touch by infusing the batter with a hint of pink food coloring. These delightful heart-shaped pancakes, accompanied by an assortment of fun-shaped foods like fruits, waffles, and toasts, promise to make the morning extra special.
Floral Arrangement with Candy Hearts
Here’s an adorable and easy craft to consider, a floral arrangement paired with candy hearts in the vase. It’s a sweet combination of nature and treats! Here’s a step-by-step guide to creating this lovely Valentine’s Day project with your kids. This craft doubles as a heartfelt gift for them to share with loved ones.
- Fresh flowers of your choice
- 1 Medium vase
- 1 Mason jar that fits inside the larger vase
- Candy hearts
DIY Valentine's Day Cards
Encourage creativity by making handmade Valentine’s Day cards! Provide cardstock, markers, glitter, stickers, and other embellishments. Let your kids express their love and appreciation in their own unique way.
Valentine’s Day is a perfect opportunity to create lasting memories with your little ones, and what better way to celebrate than by baking something sweet together? Dive into the world of baking and crafting by making delicious red velvet brownies—a treat that’s not only scrumptious but also a canvas for creativity!
Love Bug Bookmark
Create cute love bug bookmarks using colorful craft foam or paper. Cut out heart shapes and add googly eyes, pipe cleaner antennae, and tiny pom-poms for the nose. Glue the hearts onto a popsicle stick or a strip of cardstock. These love bugs are the perfect tiny token to keep the love alive on every book page they mark!
Valentine's Day Friendship Bracelets
Gather colorful yarn or embroidery floss and teach your kids how to make simple braided or knotted bracelets. Encourage them to create unique designs and give them to friends and family as tokens of affection.
Love-Infused Fluffy Slime
Kids will love this next activity! Mix up a batch of homemade slime and knead with heart-shared confetti, hearts, and red or pink food coloring. It’s a gooey, glittery way to celebrate!
- 1 cup white school glue
- 1 tbsp. Stater Bros. Baking Soda
- 2-3 tbsp. TopCare Multi-Purpose Solution for Contact Lenses
- Red or pink food coloring
- Heart-shaped confetti (optional)
- In a bowl, pour glue, baking soda, and mix thoroughly.
- Add a few drops of red or pink coloring to the glue mixture and stir until the color is evenly distributed. Sprinkle in your choice of glitter and confetti. Mix well.
- Add the contact lens solution and stir mixture. The slime will begin to form immediately. Keep stirring until the slime starts to pull away from the sides of the bowl. If it’s still too sticky, add more contact lens solution, a little at a time, until you reach your desired consistency.
- Take the slime out of the bowl and knead it with your hands until it becomes less sticky and stretchy. If needed, add a few drops of contact lens solution, and continue kneading until you achieve the perfect slime texture.
Now it’s time for fun! Play with slime and store it in an airtight container when not in use to keep slime from drying.
Watching a movie with your family is the perfect way to spend some quality time. There’s no better way to end Valentine’s Day than cuddling with your little ones! So, grab the chocolates, popcorn, blankets, and press “play.”