Sponsored by Ben & Jerry’s
Summer in Southern California means sunny hot days, but you can chill with a pint of Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream.
The well-known brand started in 1978, Ben and Jerry opened their first ice cream scoop shop in a renovated gas station in Burlington, Vermont. Now Ben & Jerry’s ice cream has been made available around the world and to meet different needs.
Ben & Jerry’s now has certified vegan Non-Dairy flavors filled with all the sweet, salty, and flavorful goodness. Ice cream is made with either almond milk or sunflower butter to keep that creamy dreamy creation that makes Ben & Jerry’s well-loved.
When you are shopping for Ice Cream lookout for the green lid on Ben & Jerry’s that will let you know this is a non-dairy dessert. Enjoy!
What type of mug to use for a mug cake?
Choose a mug that meets two requirements:
1) It must be microwave-safe, some mugs will say at the bottom of the mug.
2) Make sure the mug is large enough for all your ingredients plus some extra space to allow the cake to rise as it cooks.
Vegan Mug Cake Recipe:
- 2 scoops (about 2/3 cup) of Ben & Jerry’s Phish Food Non-Dairy
- 1/2 cup self-rising flour
- Optional garnishes: additional Phish Food Non-Dairy and vegan whipped topping
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 8 minutes
Yield: 1 mug cake
- Gather all your ingredients, including a microwave-safe mug 12 ounces or larger.
- Scoop the Phish Food Non-Dairy into the mug and microwave in 20-second increments until fully melted.
- Add self-rising flour and stir to combine. Place the mug on a small plate and microwave for 2 1/2 – 3 minutes, until the cake rises and is set in the center.
- Top with a scoop of Phish Food Non-Dairy and vegan whipped topping if desired. Serve immediately.